Frequently Asked Questions
BABY BREZZA PRODUCTS
Baby Brezza Formula Pro/Formula Pro Advanced
How do I find the formula setting for my Formula Pro?
Use the formula settings finder which will help you find the setting for the formula you’re using. Click Here for Formula Pro Settings Finder. We have two Formula Pro models so please choose the one that you’re using. If you have any problems, you can contact Baby Brezza Customer Service for assistance.
How do I set up my Formula Pro powder container?
For a quick reference set up guide, click here for the user manual or click here for the setup video. We recommend following the complete instructions in the user manual.
How do I know which Measuring Insert or Measuring Wheel Setting to use?
For a complete list of US Formula Powders and their correct Measuring Inserts or Measuring Wheel Settings, click here. If your powder is not listed, please contact customer service at email@example.com
My Baby Brezza Formula Pro is dispensing more formula than indicated on the ounce selector on the control panel. Why?
The ounce size on the Formula Pro control panel indicates water volume only. When powder is added to the water, the volume is increased, just like when you make a bottle by hand. The final volume of mixed formula is expected to be a little over the ounce amount indicated on the control panel. If the amount of formula is significantly higher than the ounces you are expecting, please contact us.
My Baby Brezza Formula Pro is dispensing less formula than indicated on the control panel. Why?
Clean the Funnel to make sure formula powder isn’t clogging the machine. Contact customer service if the problem persists.
How do I prevent mold from growing in the Baby Brezza Formula Pro?
As with any food preparation product or food storage container, proper maintenance and cleaning is required to make sure that your Baby Brezza Formula Pro stays clean. In addition to the regular cleaning recommended in the instruction manual, we recommend that care be taken when pouring formula powder into the powder container. After pouring powder into the container, check to make sure that no powder has spilled in the area next to the water tank, and clean any excess powder with a damp cloth. Also make sure that all parts of the powder container are completely dry before assembly. Mold should not grow in Formula Pro when properly cleaned and dried.
Monthly cleaning and preparation for long term storage - Baby Brezza Formula Pro Advanced
Monthly Descaling Instructions
You can leave the formula powder in the powder tank during the descaling process.
To prevent mineral scale on the water heater inside your Baby Brezza Formula Pro® Advanced, follow these easy steps:
1. Remove the water tank, empty it and fill it with 20oz/600ml distilled vinegar & 20oz/600ml of purified water.
2. Place the water tank on the base of the machine & place a cup larger than 10oz/300ml under the funnel.
3. Select “10oz/300ml” with the “oz/ml” button, then press the “water only” button to dispense.
4. Empty the cup, place back under the funnel, then press the “water only” button again to dispense another 10oz/300ml.
5. Now unplug the machine, remove the water tank, and empty it. Let the machine sit for 4 hours.
6. Wash, rinse and fill the water tank to the max line with purified water, then place it back on the base.
7. Plug in the machine, place a cup to catch 10oz/300ml water and use the “water only” button to run a 10oz/300ml cycle. Dispose of the water dispensed in the cup and then repeat this step to run the entire tank of purified water through the machine. When the “Low Water” indicator turns on, you’re done rinsing.
8. Refill the water tank with purified water and return to normal use
Long Term Storage Instructions
It is extremely important to clean the machine and remove all formula powder residue before storage.
If you’re going to store your Formula Pro® Advanced for later use, or will not use it for a while, please follow the instructions below:
1. Remove the powder container parts, funnel, funnel cover, drip tray and water tank from the base.
2. Wipe the base with a clean damp cloth and make sure to remove any and all formula residue. Dry the base well.
3. Empty the powder container, wash all powder container parts, dry thoroughly, reassemble, & reinstall on the base.
4. Follow the Monthly Descaling Instructions shown above, steps 1-7 only. Do not remove or refill the water tank after step 7.
5. Now place a cup to catch 10oz/300ml water under the funnel, then press & hold the “water only” button for 5 seconds. Water will dispense continuously until the machine is completely empty, then stop automatically.
6. Unplug the machine, remove the funnel, funnel cover and water tank, dry them both thoroughly and reinstall them on the machine.
7. Your machine is now ready for storage. Pack the machine in its box or enclose it in a bag to keep it dust free.
Monthly cleaning and preparation for long term storage - Formula Pro Original
1. Remove powder container from the Formula Pro base and set aside.
2. Make sure the funnel is properly connected to the base of the Formula Pro.
3. Place a container 20oz or larger under the funnel to catch water
4. Fill the formula pro water tank with 10oz of water and 10oz of vinegar
5. Plug in and turn on the Formula Pro.
6. Press and hold “ounce”, “stop” and “start” buttons simultaneously.
7. Continue to hold all 3 buttons until the entire solution of water and vinegar are flushed through the machine.
8. Rinse the water tank and refill with 20oz of purified water and hold “ounce”, “stop” and “start” buttons to rinse any remaining vinegar from the machine”.
9. Unplug the machine, remove the funnel, funnel cover and water tank, dry them thoroughly and reinstall them to the machine.
10. Your machine is now ready for storage. Pack the machine in its box, or enclose it in a bag and keep it dust free.
There is mineral build up in my Baby Brezza Formula Pro. How do I clean?
1. Please hand-wash all components with lukewarm water and mild soap.
2. Make sure all parts are dry and reassemble machine, leaving powder container completely empty.
3. Fill the water tank with 20oz distilled water and run a 10oz cycle.
4. Add a cup of distilled white vinegar inside the water tank with 12oz of water and run another 10oz cycle.
5. Discard remaining vinegar/water solution, and wash tank with mild soap and water, and refill with 20oz distilled water.
6. Run another 10oz cycle to rinse out internal tubes of any vinegar residue.
7. Repeat steps 4-6 if concerns persists.
Do I need to clean the Baby Brezza Formula Pro/Formula Pro Advanced after every 4th bottle?
Yes it’s very important to clean the machine after every 4th bottle or when the clean funnel indicator light turns on. Unfortunately, formula can build up on the funnel during mixing because formula by nature likes to clump with water. If the formula builds up too much, it can affect how much formula drops from the powder container into the mixing funnel, affecting the machine’s accuracy. By removing the funnel after every 4th bottle and wiping the underside of the formula container, you can clean any formula build-up and ensure the machine works accurately. One suggestion to make cleaning easier is to purchase a spare funnel. That way, after every 4th bottle, you can remove the funnel that needs to be cleaned and insert your spare funnel that’s clean. Click here to shop for a spare funnel for the Baby Brezza Formula Pro Advanced and Click Here to shop for a spare funnel for the Formula Pro.
Baby Brezza One Step Baby Food Makers
Are the Baby Brezza One Step Baby Food Makers BPA and Phthalate Free?
Yes, the Baby Brezza One Step Baby Food Makers are BPA and Phthalate Free.
Are the Baby Brezza One Step Baby Food Makers dishwasher safe?
The bowl and blade are top rack dishwasher safe. The drive shaft should always be removed before washing.
How do I clean the Steam Tank for my Baby Brezza One Step Baby Food Makers?
We recommend regular cleaning of the Steam Tank to prevent damage to the machine from mineral deposits. The frequency of cleaning will depend on the type of water you are using and how much mineral deposit build up forms. Always unplug before cleaning. Put 1/3 cup white vinegar and 1/3 cup distilled water in machine and let sit overnight. Pour out vinegar and water solution (refer to user manual for proper emptying instructions). Refill Steam Tank with purified water, plug in machine and run “Steam” cycle for 10 minutes. Let Steam Tank cool and scrub with a cleaning brush if necessary. Rinse with purified water to eliminate any remaining vinegar taste. Empty tank and fill with clean water before cooking
What are the capacities of the Baby Brezza One Step Baby Food Makers?
The bowl of The Baby Brezza One Step Baby Food Maker Deluxe holds 3 ½ cups, and the Glass Food Maker holds 4 cups.
Do I need to peel fruits and vegetables before using in the Baby Brezza One Step Baby Food Makers?
We recommend peeling fruits and vegetables for young babies. We recommend checking with your pediatrician before offering any new foods, including fruit and vegetable peels and skins, to your child.
Baby Brezza One Step Sterilizer and One Step Sterilizer-Dryers
Does the Baby Brezza Sterilizer-Dryer also wash bottles and accessories?
The Baby Brezza Sterilizer-Dryer sterilizes and dries baby products, but it does not wash them.
Should I rinse/clean products before sterilizing?
Yes, you should always rinse and clean all products before sterilizing to ensure they are properly sterilized.
What happens if I put unwashed bottles with milk residue in the Sterilizer-Dryer?
If you put unwashed bottles with milk residue in the sterilizer, these bottles will not be washed and properly sterilized. Also the milk inside the bottle will drip out and burn the heating plate, resulting in brown staining that is very difficult to clean.
What temperature does the water reach during sterilization?
The Baby Brezza sterilizer boils water to produce steam (212°F / 100°C) to naturally sterilize your baby products.
What type of water is recommended for use?
We recommend using distilled water to avoid any mineral scale build-up. You can use tap water or spring water, but more frequent cleaning of the heating plate will be required.
How often does the water need to be changed?
Because the Baby Brezza Sterilizer-Dryer dries contents with each cycle, you will need to add ½ cups or 120ml of water before each use.
How do I clean the Baby Brezza Sterilizer and what components are dishwasher-safe?
Please do not dishwash any of the sterilizer components. Please clean the lid and accessory tree in hot soapy water. You can use a damp cloth to clean the base and control console. To avoid mineral scale build up, wipe the heating plate with a soft moist cloth after each operation.
How many volts is the Baby Brezza Sterilizer-Dryer? Can this appliance be used outside the US?
The Baby Brezza Sterilizer-Dryer is 120 volts and comes with a standard North American electric plug. Using the Baby Brezza Sterilizer Dryer with voltage any higher than 120V will permanently damage the unit. We do not recommend using the North American version outside of the US and Canada. Baby Brezza sells appliances globally through a network of distributors. To find a distributor in your country, please contact Baby Brezza Customer Service.
How long is the warranty period and what does it cover?
The Baby Brezza Sterilizer-Dryer comes with a 1 year limited warranty. Please click here to read the details in the instruction manual.
How hot is the air that dries the bottles?
Baby Brezza Safe + Smart Bottle Warmer
Can I use the Baby Brezza Bottle Warmer without the orange insert?
The warmer should not be used without the orange holder.
How much water do I need to use?
It is important to fill the warmer with water to the correct level indicated on the warmer. For reference, please see instruction manual here.
Can I defrost my milk storage bags?
Yes, it is important to note that milk storage bags will defrost faster than a glass or plastic bottle. Please reach out to our Customer Service Team if you need assistance.
How do I defrost my bottle?
The instructions for using the "steady warm" function should be followed when defrosting, and lasts about 10-minutes. When the defrost setting is used, the result is usually room temp milk, depending on the volume being defrosted and the vessel it's stored in.
Please reach out to our Customer Service Team who will be more than happy to assist if needed.
Baby Brezza 2-Part Bottle
Can I sterilize the bottle?
The Baby Brezza 2-part bottle is both top-rack dishwasher and electric steam sterilizer safe. The nipples are not microwave sterilizer safe.
Does Baby Brezza sell a bottle washer?
Baby Brezza no longer sells a Bottle Washer. This item was discontinued several years ago… but check babybrezza.com for updates on new bottle cleaning products coming soon.
I am a retailer and would like to carry Baby Brezza in my store
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and your inquiry will be forwarded to our sales department.
Do Baby Brezza products come with a warranty?
Yes, you can view our warranty here
Can you describe the types of spare parts that Baby Brezza sells?
Baby Brezza’s spare parts are 100% new and perform exactly like the same part that is included with your original purchase. However, if you are purchasing a spare part to help address a specific troubleshooting issue, there’s no assurance that this spare part will resolve the issue.
Our Customer Service team is available to assist you Monday through Friday, 9am to 10pm EST. The phone number is 888-396-6552.
All emails will be answered as quickly as possible, 3 business days (though usually sooner) email@example.com
We recommend calling or emailing us before returning product back to us. Our mailing address is: Baby Brezza Customer Service, 250 Passaic Street, Newark NJ 07104